- Call ahead to find out the schedule – depending on Mother Nature, this year’s harvest can be running early or late, affecting hours.
- Dress appropriately – wear comfortable clothes and footwear that can get dirty. Don’t forget the bug spray and sun screen!
- Most of all, have fun! Take it slow, and enjoy the peace and quiet. Let the littlest ones set the pace.
- Try varieties of apples that are new to you
- Mind your manners. Be nice to the trees, and carry your trash out with you. Take all the fruit that you pick.
- For the best apple eating experience, pick fruit that is firm to the touch and free of bruises. Once you get them home, store apples in your refrigerator, in a ventilated bag, away from other strong-odored foods.
- Continue the fun at home! Involve the whole family in preparing apple dishes. They’ll all be more inclined to eat food they helped prepare!
Copyright © 2019 DeMeritt Hill Farm. All rights reserved.