Check in at the farm store before going into the orchard to pick apples.
We have prepared all year for your visit and we are glad you are here! Please adhere to these policies for our mutual benefit. Please do not hesitate to ask if we can assist you or your family in any way during your visit.
You must buy a bag from the DeMeritt Hill Farm store prior to entering the orchard to pick apples. Picking is only allowed in designated areas. Since all varieties do not ripen at the same time, please do not enter into areas that are closed to picking. Fruit blocks that are not ready to be picked will be marked as such. If you have a question or concern, our staff is always available to address you.
Treat our trees and their fruit gently.
Please do not climb on the trees, break branches, shake or damage the trees in any way. It has taken many years to grow a tree, and one full year to grow each apple. Please do not throw apples. Failure to comply with these rules could result in being asked to leave the farm.
If you pick it, you pay for it.
Please do not pick apple varieties that you do not want.
Dog are allowed, on a leash at all times.
Dogs are not allowed in any buildings or on the hay rides. Dogs need to be kept on a leash at all times. Please be responsible and keep them under your control at all times. It should go without saying but please clean up after them. Trash receptacles can be found throughout the farm.
DeMeritt Hill Farm is a non-smoking farm.
Smoking is NOT ALLOWED anywhere on the farm.
Please help us be good stewards of the farm and keep it clean.
We ask that you please throw out your trash in one of the receptacles located throughout the farm.
Be advised that the farm contains sloping and uneven areas.
Sloping, steep and uneven areas can be found throughout the farm. This can be difficult to walk on and proper footwear is advised. If you have a special need or concern, please let us know ahead of time and we will make every effort to accommodate.
Professional photography policy.
DeMeritt Hill Farm (DMHF) is pleased that you are considering using our beautiful, natural location as the backdrop for your photos. The guidelines outlined below are intended for all guests, and a permission is necessary for those who wish to use DMHF as a setting for commercial or portrait photography. Please remember that DMHF is a working farm and that regular business and farm operations continue during normal operating hours.
Sometimes the farm is mistaken for a public park, but that is not the case. The farm is a family owned business with employee expenses. We have been blessed with a business that continues to grow; as has the interest from professional photographers. Therefore it has become necessary for a photography policy to be developed along with fees. We appreciate our customers and professional photographers understanding and cooperating with the policies that have been put into place.
- Visitors must check in with DMHF staff at the farm store before exploring the grounds unattended. DMHF reserves the right to restrict access to certain areas based on crop production or project needs.
- Photography reservations must be made at least ONE WEEK in advance. Arriving without a reservation may result in the refusal of a photo permit due to previously scheduled events. Reservations can be made over the phone or in person at the farm store.
- A location fee of $50 will be due prior to the start of the session during our open season, with a 4 hour limit, and a required agreement signed by the photographer. Cash, check or major credit cards are all accepted. This fee is non-refundable. An ID badge provided by DMHF must be worn while on the property. Pricing subject to change for parties larger than 10 people.
- No props, furniture, ladders or luggage are permitted on DMHF.
- Do not block entrances, pathways, or farm areas for use by others in any way.
- Photography sessions are not permitted before or after normal business hours without written consent from DMHF.
- DMHF reserves the right to halt any photography sessions deemed to be disruptive.
- DMHF assumes no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to any equipment or belongings.
- If photos are posted online or on social media sites, DMHF requests attribution and requests photos posted to all social media sites for DMHF.
- The copy, reproduction or use of any DMHF logo (digital or print) is prohibited without written permission from DMHF.
Absolutely no one is allowed on the property when we are closed.
Visitor assumes all risk by entry onto DeMeritt Hill Farm.