Halloween means costumes, horror movies, haunted houses, and a celebration of all things scary. ‘Tis the season for terror, and 10 Best set out on a mission to find the best haunted attractions in the U.S.
These 10 haunted houses, selected by 10 Best Local Experts and the Haunted Attraction Association and voted to the top by our readers, offer the best actors, set designs, special effects and value for money out there.
“While Halloween will always have all the traditional haunted houses, hayrides and other favorites, we are seeing more and more attractions offer some level of interactivity for guests and an increase in personal experiences that get customers more involved in their events,” says John R. Eslich, President of the Haunted Attraction Association, on what’s trending in 2016. “Specifically, we are seeing new products such as laser tag within attractions and an explosion of problem solving and scavenger hunting activities.”
The top 10 winners in the category Best Haunted Attraction are as follows:
- Nashville Nightmare – Nashville
- Haunted Overload – Lee, N.H.
- Hobb’s Grove – Sanger, Calif.
- Dark Hour Haunted House – Plano, Texas
- Factory Of Terror – Canton, Ohio
- The Shallow Grave – Winer Haven, Fla.
- Fear Fair – Seymour, Ind.
- Netherworld – Norcross, Ga.
- RISE Haunted House – Hammond, La.
- House of Horrors -Cheektowaga, N.Y.
Additional nominated haunted attractions included The 13th Gate, Enigma Haunt, Field of Screams, Fright Kingdom, Ghostly Manor, Headless Horseman, Shocktoberfest, Terror Behind the Walls, Wisconsin Fear Grounds and Woods of Terror.
Congratulations to all our winning haunted attractions!